Replaces mechanical anchoring by expansion anchors
Ensures additional fixation of the original plaster
Creates additional adhesive points key bound with the bearing masonry
Saves energy, costs and time
No thermal bridges
No stains in the place of expansion anchor discs
Drilling to a wall not to an insulant – drilling without any surprises
Reduction of construction time of the thermal insulation system
One type of anchors for different thickness of the insulant
For new constructions as well as for reconstructions
Especially suitable for bigger thicknesses of the insulant – low-energy and passive houses
For anchoring of polystyrene insulating boards
1. The base must be supporting, clean, dry, free from salt blooms and free parts. Before installation of the adhesive anchor Baumit StarTrack, install a plinth profile. At installation, maintain the horizontal installation plane. The plinth profile is fastened using screws and fasteners numbering 3 pcs/m.
2. Mark the installation raster by a marking aid. Install the adhesive anchors Baumit StarTrack max. 40 x 40 cm on the area, max. 10 cm horizontally from the plinth profile and vertically from edges of buildings, window and door openings.
3. The diameter of the drill must correspond to the diameter of adhesive anchor StarTrack shank of Ø 8 mm. Drill to perforated and porous materials without the hammer action; to brick and concrete, drill with the hammer action.
4. Insert the adhesive anchors to the drilled hole, then hammer down a plastic pin or screw a steel pin of the anchor. The installed adhesive anchors can be exposed to UV radiation for max. 6 weeks.
5. Just before binding the insulating boards on the installed adhesive anchors, apply the so called adhesive pie with the thickness of app. 20 mm.
6. Bind the insulating boards by the method of so called “boundary pass and three points” – always fresh to fresh. Then, make the reinforcing layer as at common thermal insulation.